Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Finder's Keepers?

Look what Minnie, our miniature dachshund, found the other day while playing outside - a little nest of baby bunnies in a hole in our yard!  Of course, Minnie tried to kill them, so I hope she didn't hurt them too badly! :(  I didn't think we would ever have something like that in our backyard.  We don't exactly have a lot of trees or nature around our neighborhood.   They are so cute and tiny that I just want to keep all of them!  I don't know exactly how many are in there, but I think there are at least 8 of them.  For some reason, I can't help myself from being VERY concerned about these little babies.  I'm sure I should just leave them alone, but I've gone out every day since we've found them to make sure they are still alive.  I guess it's just my motherly instincts - it apparently applies to animals, too!  Today, we think we saw the mama bunny in the distance a few houses down by the neighbor's pine trees.  It's good to know that she's watching out for her babies and makes me not so worried.  I mean, it's not like rabbits haven't mated before, right?!?  I'll admit, sometimes I can be a little ridiculous . . . . but I'm a mom, so I'm allowed :)



1 comment:

  1. we had baby bunnies in our backyard a few years back and bear found them...a few didn't make it and the rest we brought to a local nature center. They sure are cute, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?