Monday, October 31, 2011

Mini Apple Pies



Our family made a trip to the orchard this fall and I still had a huge bag of apples left over, even after my batch of applesauce and apple bread.  I wanted to find something different to make with it and I found this amazing recipe for bite-size apple pies at the Lady with the Red Rocker.  Did I mention I love bite size snacks?  And I have to tell you that I was not disappointed!

This is all you need!
1/2c. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 pkg (2 crusts) refrigerated pie crust
3 tbsp. melted butter
2 medium apples, cut and peeled into 8 wedges (I used Jonathan apples)


Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.  Cut the pie crust into 8 strips.  Coat each strip with melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Wrap each apple slice into the crust by rolling it up.  I also coated my apple slices with the cinnamon sugar mix - you know, just to make sure they had enough :).

Getting all bundled up for the oven!


Place each apple pie onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Coat the tops with more melted butter and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar mix.  Bake for 10-13 min.




All lined up ready for baking!

My little helper :)

Here it is finished!  A quick, easy and yummy little treat!  I bet it would be perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream?  And a cup of coffee?


HAPPY BAKING!  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?