Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Spaghetti Pie

It appears I have a pie theme going on?  My previous post was all about mini apple pies.  My new favorite dinner recipe lately is a dish my mom brought over a couple weeks ago.  The kids, hubby, and I loved it and can't seem to get enough of it!  And it's quick and easy - bonus!

Oooey-gooey cheesy yummy-ness - Spaghetti Pie!


Here's what you need:
6 oz. spaghetti
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 lb. ground beef (I used our recently acquired venison!)
1 c. cottage cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 (8 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 block mozzarella cheese, cut into thick slices
Italian seasoning, to taste
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste

Cook the spaghetti until tender and drain.  Stir butter into spaghetti.  Add parmesan cheese and toss until mixed.  Form spaghetti mixture into a crust in a dish.

Brown the ground beef and onion.  (I actually used dried onion).  Drain off excess fat.  Stir in spaghetti sauce, italian seasoning, salt and pepper and heat.  Spread the cottage cheese over the top of the spaghetti crust.  Top with the meat mixture.  Place the hunks of mozzarella on top.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

 Here's the proof that this meal was a crowd pleaser . . .

Abby:  "I love spaghetti!"

Happy to have a full tummy and be messy - pure delight!

. . . . . And then it was bath time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?