Saturday, November 12, 2011

Finished chalkboard window

Well, here it is - the finished "shabby" chalkboard window I was working on!  I think it turned out decent for my first experience with chalk paint.  After the paint dried, the brush strokes were still visible, so I think next time I would use spray paint.  And the tape that was used to tape off the window frame pulled a small area of the chalk paint off of the window while I was removing it.  So I used a razor blade to cut the edge before I pulled the tape off for the rest of the window.  Despite these minor cosmetic flaws, the chalkboard is functional - and definitely "shabby"! :)  I'm somewhat stalling on hanging it since we have our house for sale on the market.  I'm hoping we will sell soon and move so I can hang it in the new house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?